The G&G In-Between Bridge Club in Sarasota Florida, is one of the largest bridge clubs in the American Contract Bridge League (ACBL), providing duplicate bridge games six days a week. The club utilizes the common game for publishing game and player results and provides many different classes and lessons.
Whether you are a novice, an expert or somewhere in-between, we have a duplicate bridge game or a class that will suit your needs. We strive to provide a pleasant duplicate experience and enforce the ACBL’s Zero Tolerance Policy.
How to Reserve Online
Please note that you will need your ACBL number and your partners name to make a reservation. If you do not have an ACBL number, please contact us.
The online reservation system is very easy to use.
- Enter your ACBL # and press SUBMIT
- SELECT RESERVATION DATE by using the down arrow at right side of box to scroll down to the date for which you want to make a reservation. (You will see dates for which you already have reservations.)
- Press RESERVE/MODIFY/FIND PARTNER and select TYPE (Regular or Limited)
- After very slight delay, you will see a box below that says CHOOSE PARTNER. Use the down arrow on the right side to see a list of available players in alphabetical order by First Name. At the top of the list, preceded by an *, are the names of partners with whom you have played. Otherwise, type in the first letter of the first name of your partner and scroll down from that point to highlight your partner’s name. Press SUBMIT and you are done!
What is The Common Game?
The Common Game is a service offered through local clubs which provides bridge players the opportunity to compare their results with players at other clubs who are playing the same hands. The In-Between Bridge Club uses Common Game hands at every session.
Participation in the Common Game does not affect a player’s score or masterpoint award at the local club. The ACBL masterpoint awards continue to be scored and reported as usual.
The Common Game offers its own awards so a player has a chance to earn both ACBL masterpoints and Common Game points. Common Game awards are based on matchpointed results from all participating clubs.
What does the Common Game offer players?
- Players can compare their results with players in Florida and across the country
- Expert post-mortem analysis of some of the interesting hands played
- Individual play analysis (if your club uses Bridgemates or Bridge Pads)
- Prizes awarded monthly, quarterly and annually for both performance and attendance
- For video tutorials and more information please visit their website at TheCommonGame.com